Baltimore Playhouse Rules
What all Baltimore Playhouse contributors need to know and adhere to.
No cell phones, cameras or recording devices of any sort are allowed to be used in the main Playhouse area, including any type of smart phone, ipad, tablets, Google glass, or other recording accessories of any brand. Cell phones may be used in the lobby area only. We take everyones privacy very seriously. Please remember to not pull out your phone to text, check your calendar, email, or for any other reason. Please understand when we ask you to immediately put away said item if you’ve forgotten this policy and we may request to view your camera roll. You will only be asked once before it is confiscated.
Play Space Rules
- The Baltimore Playhouse is a welcoming space for everyone. Discrimination against sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, race, cultural background, socioeconomic status, or disability will NOT be tolerated.
- The Baltimore Playhouse supports both Safe, Sane and Consensual (SSC) and Risk Aware Consensual Kink (RACK). Anyone who chooses to participate in activities at The Baltimore Playhouse recognizes that there are risks that people choose to do in scenes. Each contributor must evaluate their own risk level; by learning, asking questions, asking a DM, and/or evaluating your own tolerance for risk with your partner.
- The minimum age for any attendee is 19.
- Attendees are expected to follow all Baltimore Playhouse rules. The Baltimore Playhouse reserves the right to remove any person, without refund, who violates the Baltimore Playhouse rules.
- Baltimore Playhouse staff and all DMs must be obeyed. If you see someone who is unaware of scene etiquette or who is violating the rules, please notify Baltimore Playhouse staff or DM.
- Any play or scene that could be considered “edge play” must be approved by Baltimore Playhouse staff prior to starting the scene. Any edge play scene that does not receive prior approval is subject to be stopped.
- NO scat, watersports, vomit, gun, or breath play are allowed. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Normal scene etiquette is required. Do not interfere with a scene. Do not touch anyone or anyone’s gear without their permission. When in doubt, ask FIRST.
- Do NOT move equipment without the express permission and aid of a staff member. This is for the safety of everyone.
- The house safeword is RED for stop, and YELLOW for caution.
- “SAFEWORD” spoken loudly by ANYONE in a scene is acknowledged as a request for immediate outside attention. The Baltimore Playhouse staff or DM will intervene in a scene if s/he hears the word “SAFEWORD” or “RED” and the scene is not stopped.
- Money may never be exchanged between attendees for scenes at the Baltimore Playhouse. Professional Dom(mes) or Sub(s) may rent private time at the Playhouse with Management permission.
- No cell phones, cameras or recording devices of any sort are allowed to be used in the main Playhouse area. Cell phones may be used in the lobby area only.
- Cleaning supplies are available throughout the Playhouse. All equipment should be cleaned after use. Chux are available to cover equipment, couches or floor and their use is required whenever bodily fluids may be involved.
- Medical play, piercing, cuttings, needle play, etc. are permitted only in the medical play area.
- Please remember that discretion is a must. What happens at the Playhouse, stays at the Playhouse.
- Alcohol is never allowed in the Playhouse.
- Be respectful of where you park and our surrounding neighbors!
- Neither The Baltimore Playhouse nor any agents, successors or assigns of any of the foregoing shall be liable to any attendee for injury to person or property incurred as a result of attendance at this event.
Photography & Recording Device Policy
The Baltimore Playhouse photography policy is simple: NO UNAUTHORIZED PHOTOGRAPHY
Cell phones are not allowed to be used in any other part of the Playhouse except the lobby. Use of cell phones will be kept to the outside of the play space and coat check area. For those of you who are required to have your phone on you, you must have it set to vibrate only, and move to the lobby or exterior of the building to answer your calls.
Anyone caught taking unauthorized pictures will have their “device” confiscated, and will be escorted from the building. Said “device” will then be searched and any pictures, videos, or other recordings found will be deleted. Persons found to have transmitted or used an unauthorized image taken at the Baltimore Playhouse will have their contributorship cancelled without refund, be permanently banned from the Playhouse, and be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Pictures may be taken in the Baltimore Playhouse ONLY BY THE MANAGER ON DUTY OR THE DM ON DUTY. You only need to ask and we will make sure ONLY willing subjects are in the shots, and that no unaware subjects are in the background. At that time, we will be happy to take your picture WITH YOUR DEVICE ONLY. Permission will be given on a case by case basis. NEVER TAKE THIS AS PERMISSION TO TAKE YOUR OWN PICTURES.
The Baltimore Playhouse has one house vendor – The Violet Wand Store. On occasion, we have other vendors come in for the convenience of our Contributors and other attendees. If you are a vendor, you *MUST* contact the Baltimore Playhouse to make any arrangements to vend. No one else is authorized to sell within our club.